Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Monday, January 29, 2007

My Story Published in Writers Weekly

My story, "From Hermit to Hero", has been published in the current issue of Writers Weekly -- the highest circulation freelance writing ezine in the world!

In the story, I encourage writers to get involved with their local literary communities. I use myself as an example. For years I wrote in solitude, but my fiction remained unpublished. When I reached out and became a part of the local literary scene, I began to see changes: publication in The Washington Post, The Baltimore Review, To Be Read Aloud, Write Here Write Now, public readings at the Patterson Theater and even an invitation to be a featured author at the Baltimore Book Festival -- the Mid Atlantic region's largest celebration of the literary arts.

All this -- and much more -- happened in the course of a year. And all after joining together with like-minded writers and organizations in the area, which in itself is an invaluable experience.

If you're looking for a way to become more successful at getting an audience for your work, consider looking in your own back yard. Help others with their writing and you're helping yourself at the same time. For more, read my story, "From Hero to Hermit," in the current issue of Writers Weekly!

http://www.writersweekly.com/success_stories/003861_01242007.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most interesting (and meaningful?) thing is the part of URL of the article.
success_stories :)
wish you more of success :))

January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're also featured at The Writers' Block. Look for the post "Gather 'round."

http://www.writersgroupblog.wordpress.com

January 31, 2007  
Blogger Eric D. Goodman said...

Good to know I'm getting around! Thanks for the comments.

January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home