Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gatherer of the Day

To follow up on the last post, here's what's happened: I've found Gather to be a better, more involved site than I’d expected. Within five minutes of posting my first article on Gather -- essentially just a mock press release stating that I was joining -- I found encouraging comments coming my way.

I've been on Gather for only a week and I'm already connected to more than 65 active readers ... and at this rate I expect to close in on 100 by the week's end.

Icing on the cake: today I visited Gather's home page and discovered that I'm the featured person of the day!

Check out the front page.
http://www.gather.com.

Or go directly to my gathering place.
http://www.edgewriter.gather.com.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, Eric - do you still feel the same way about Gather a month later or are you feeling rather more buried under that heap?

February 26, 2007  
Blogger Eric D. Goodman said...

Actually, I do feel the same about Gather. And I'm happy to say that it continues to be interactive.

At least one of my posts is featured as an "essential" on the front page almost every day -- sometimes three at a time in different categoreis. And I usually garner quite a few comments and high scores.

In fact, today one of my posts is the "most highly rated" post of the day! Another is featured on the front page.

So I still think gather is a great place to gather a platform of readers.

February 27, 2007  
Anonymous publish a book said...

As usual, lovely photos :)

July 12, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home