Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, December 14, 2012

Family for Sale on Craigslist

Take my family, please!


I have offered up my family for sale on Craigslist. See the advertisement at the link below.

As a sort of joke (and to see what sort of reaction I would get), I posted my short fiction, “Family for Sale,” as an ad on Craigslist.

The short story, about a person who wishes he could just offer up his family for sale, was originally published in The Potomac: a journal of poetry and politics.

“It's a shame, when you think about it, that you can't trade in a family. Like a car or a girlfriend. Just put a family portrait up on Craigslist, make a few appointments, and hand over the birth certificates and Social Security cards.”

[Disclaimer: My real family is not for sale.]

See the Craigslist ad here:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bar/3473455761.html


Read the entire story in the most recent issue of The Potomac.

http://thepotomacjournal.com/issue12/Fiction/Goodman.html






Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home