Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, November 09, 2012

I Explain Why I Blog in Writers Weekly

People blog for many different reasons. I began blogging in June of 2005, not quite sure what I was doing. I’d always identified myself as a writer, and I specifically wanted to bring some attention to fiction.

As I posted writing advice from authors I’d met at book events, like John Irving, Tom Wolf, E.L. Doctorow, Tim O’Brien, Alice McDermott, Elmore Leonard, Alexander McCall Smith, Salmon Rushdie and the likes, I came to understand my ultimate purpose as a blogger. I was blogging to sell books—to get people interested in reading. IN part, so perhaps one day my readers would read my own book. But primarily because I wanted to get readers reading books.

I write all about my evolution as a blogger in Writers Weekly, the highest circulation freelance writing ezine in the world. You can read the feature article here.

http://writersweekly.com/this_weeks_article/006946_09212011.html

If you’re a blogger, why do you blog? If not, why do you read blogs?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home