Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

More From the Fiction Front

On the heels of learning that my fiction will appear in the next issue of The Baltimore Review came more good news from the fiction front. The editor of To Be Read Aloud contacted me to congratulate me -- another of my stories will appear in their next volume!

To Be Read Aloud is a community resource for oral interpreters and their coaches. They specialize in publishing first person narrative intended to be read aloud, and the selections in their books and DVDs are used by high schools and colleges for voice coaching and competition.

"The Stein Between Us" is a modified version of "A Good Beer Needs a Good Stein" from TRACKS, my novel in stories. Originally in third person, I read from it at the Baltimore Book Festival.

Look for the next volume in spring 2007. To learn more about To Be Read Aloud, visit their website.
http://www.tobereadaloud.org/tbra.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So one thing accepted to print leads to another, and stone starts to roll down faster and faster? ;)
Wish you all the luck with it.

December 14, 2006  
Blogger Eric D. Goodman said...

Thanks, Anatoly! I hope you're right -- and that the snowball grows larger as it increases speed. (As in, book publication follows story publication.)

By the way, Anatoly, did you know I'll be in Russia in a couple weeks?

December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, yes I do. My palm (handheld computer) said me "Eric would be here from Dec 27" ;)
I wonder if I should may be send you my cell phone number? So you can call me locally (when in NN) (by some locals' phone of cource ;)) )
Though my ability to undestand spoken English must be _really_ inferior ;))
Btw I wonder why last mail I got from you was to mail nnov ru address. Does my working address returns your mail?
Try to drop me a line. Merry coming Christmas to ya!

December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home