Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, December 01, 2006

NaNoWriMo Ends Just Short of a Billion!

National Novel Writing Month has ended -- and collectively, 79,813 novelists from around the world have written 982,564,701words -- nearly a billion! That translates to 4 million pages.

Of the 80,000 novelists, a fraction of the world's most prolific novelists keystroked to the finish line by reaching the goal of 50,000 words, or about 200 pages each.

For the fourth year in a row, I’m proud to count myself among the winners: my novel, Dead Ends, weighs in at 70,127 words, or 280 pages. And this year I can say that an excerpt from it was published even before I finished the first draft -- in The Washington Post!

Celebrate with us -- check out my NaNoWriMo page, where you can see the stats and take a look at an excerpt from my newest novel, Dead Ends.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=34003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home