Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Rare Opportunity to Learn from a Master

Baltimore writer Rafael Alvarez (Life, Homicide, The Wire, Orlo and Leini, The Fountain of Highlandtown, The Baltimore Sun) invites you to participate in personalized writing lessons with him via e-mail. This is a rare opportunity to be mentored by a master who has experience writing in the genres of fiction, television, essay, journalism, and more.


Here are the details, direct from Mr. Alvarez himself:


"As the writers' strike drags on with no end in sight, I have begun offering writing lessons via email. I am offering classes in all genres: short story, journalism, essay and screenwriting.


"The cost is $50 an hour. As for how the hour will be used, that is up to the client. I will edit, give notes, answer any and all questions, direct the client to proper resources and draw on my 30 years of experience in newspapers, fiction and television writing.


"I keep track of the time in 15 minute increments and bill at the end of the month. I let the client know when they've reached 60 minutes and do not charge for any time the client does not want. My one strict rule is that all work is done via email.”


This is a tremendous opportunity. So how come you're not writing to him already? Here’s his address.


orlo.leini@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home