Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Monday, May 21, 2007

Prepping for Prague

In a few weeks, I’ll be spending a week in the “golden city.” This will be my first visit to Prague, my first trip to the Czech Republic. So I’m now in preparation mode.

The usual locations are certainly on the list: the astronomical clock, the castle, old town square, Charles Bridge, the churches and palaces.

The non-touristy spots are in focus too: neighborhood pubs and restaurants, local markets, off-the-beaten-path villages, towns and cities outside Prague.

A travel story or two will come of this. Also, I plan to set portions of a future novel in Prague and former Czechoslovakia.

If I had a few months to spare, I’d love to stay longer and immerse myself in the culture. But since I only have a week, I’ll want to get a feel not just for the tourist attractions, but for the culture beneath the attractions.

Have you been to Prague? If so, do you have any travel tips or little-known, must-see sights to share? Send them to me at edgewriter@gmail.com.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel happy that I have a chance to live in Prague! It's a happiness just to visit it, just to see such beauty!

September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prague is not your normal vacation hot spot. It is a piece of history framed neatly on the world map. Business, site seeing, and some of the best hotels all reside in this ancient and charming city. Even today Prague only has a population of just over a million people which make it a great place to visit. The cultures of the East and West meet to make a city of charm and exotic imagery.

September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home