Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Monday, March 19, 2007

This Train Needs a Push!

Today at noon, Tracks,, my novel in stories, enters its second week as a contestant in the Gather First Chapters Writing competition.

So far, the response has been very positive. Hundreds of people have read the first chapter, more than a hundred people gave it a rating, and about eighty people have left comments. The feedback has been overwhelmingly good. I sincerely appreciate all of you who have read and rated my first chapter.

But it may not be enough to get me over the hill, into round two. And I’d really like to share chapter two, “A Good Beer Needs a Good Stein,” which I think readers will find stronger than the first chapter. If I’m fortunate enough to share chapter three with you, “One Last Hit,” you’ll begin to see where this train is headed.

After a strong start, this engine may be losing a bit of steam. Can you help me get out and push?
Read and rate chapter one here!

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976929638

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,
Aren't you an employee of Gather.com and therefore ineligible to compete in this contest?

March 27, 2007  
Blogger Eric D. Goodman said...

Hi, Mark Y., and thank for repeating you question here.

No, I am not an employee of Gather and I never have been. In fact, when the Gather editorial team asked me to write a weekly column for them as a books correspondent, my first question was whether it would disqualify me from the contest as an employee. I was assured that a correspondent was not considered an employee and that I would still be eligible for the competition even if I agreed.

So I did. After submitting my novel, I published my first Lit Bit column at gather.

Best of luck to you in your writing, Mark.

March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home