Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, March 09, 2007

Let the Dialogue Begin!

Earlier today, I announced my intention to enter TRACKS, my novel in stories, into the Gather First Chapters Writing Competition. The New York Times dubbed this “American Idol for writers.” I’m in, and I’m in to win!

But I’m not just starting a campaign; I’m starting a conversation -- with you. With my readers and fellow lovers of literature. Because we all need to be a part of the discussion if we expect Tracks to win.

Hop aboard. Let’s talk about Tracks, what you like about it, what you don’t like. Let’s discuss ways to improve the writing and ways to garner higher ratings.

I grew up in middle-class America believing that I was going to become a published novelist. I believed in that promise. I still do. I’ve spent my entire life trying to make good on it.

Now, thanks to you -- the literary community -- we can make that dream come true.

Just go to http://www.gather.com/, register (it only takes a minute), read Tracks Chapter One and rate it as you see fit -- the higher the better. And leave a comment if you’d like.

So let the conversation begin. I have a feeling it’s going to be a very interesting ride.

NOTE: This is not meant as a political statement, but special thanks to Hillary Clinton’s speech writer for the use of this inspiring language. See it in its original context at the link below.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/video/2.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home