Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A Book is Born

 


When I told my agent about my second book, she knew as well as I that it would be a tough sell. On the plus side, I was following up my novel in stories with a straight novel, which was good. On the other, I was toying with something out of the ordinary.

What makes Womb so unique is the unusual narrator. Set in the city and suburbs of Baltimore, Womb is narrated from the point of view of a narrator in utero. He describes his own reality, his connection to the collective consciousness, and the drama of his mother and her circle of family and friends.

But, after reading the manuscript, she fell in love with the characters and the concept. She compared it to Room by Emma Donoghue and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold due to the creative perspective. And we were right: it was a long pregnancy.

The reviews show that it was, like a birth, worth the struggle. Jennifer Miller called it “utterly unique ... humorous, thoughtful, unexpected” and Michael Kimball called it “Strange and wonderful.” Yona Zeldis McDonnough said Womb was “Engagingly original” and Jen Grow called it “a tenderhearted story laced with grace.”

Experience life from an unusual perspective. Womb is available as a paperback or an ebook.

www.EricDGoodman.com/womb.html


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home