Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Monday, May 04, 2020

Get to It


As I enter my third month of Covid-19 quarantine, my daily work schedule and writing schedule have kept me as busy as ever. However, I’ve managed to take advantage of the saved commute and prep time and have been polishing and submitting some of my short fiction.

The result: 9 stories have been accepted for publication by literary journals and magazines, some in print and others online.

Some of the stories find their roots in rough drafts from as far back as 2007. Others are excerpts from my most recently published novel, Setting the Family Free. One of them I’ve already shared: “It was the Neighbor Who First Noticed Something Amiss” in the most recent issue of Loch Raven Review. Others have been accepted but won’t be published for a few months.

In the days, weeks, and months ahead I’ll share the stories as they’re published here.

I’m not sure why so many people are saying they’re bored during the pandemic. Sure, there are a lot of activities we miss. But there are so many things you can be doing, whether writing, reviewing, submitting, reading, catching up on the books you’ve been putting off, streaming the television series that’s just too long to commit to, dusting off the board games. 

Get to it!

And, if you miss people, we’ll always have Facebook.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home