Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hanging Out in Steinbeck's House

I know the way to San Jose; I was born there. I also know the way from San Jose to Steinbeck Country, where I lived as a teenager.


Join me as I hang out in the house where John Steinbeck grew up, tell the staff there a few things about the Steinbeck family pictures, experience the Steinbeck Center, walk through the scenes featured in East of Eden, check out the Steinbeck Library, and spend a little time in Cannery Row.


Etched in stones are Steinbeck quotes, like “Books are the best friends you can have: they inform you, and entertain you, and they don’t talk back” and “I nearly always write—just as I nearly always breathe.”


It’s all a part of my continuing California book tour travel story being published in serial form by Atticus Books.


Join us at the Atticus Books Blog.


ttp://atticusbooksonline.com/blog/2015/08/26/booking-it-along-the-california-coast-a-book-tour-road-trip-across-the-pacific-coast-7/

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home