Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, November 02, 2007

Election Already Decided

The election has already been decided. No, not that one — the election for the Maryland Writers Association’s Public Relations Director.

The state-wide organization needed someone to help promote the MWA events, including the monthly meetings, writing contests, and convention. They wanted someone with experience doing PR writing. Someone with a proven record of getting results.

They couldn’t find their ideal candidate, so they elected me.

In part because I’ve already been helping to promote literary events, in part because of how persistent I’ve been at promoting literary events and news, not to mention my novel in stories, TRACKS – especially during the time when it was a semi-finalist in the Gather First Chapters Contest. I do PR writing for a living and seem to have a knack for it.

If I could just use these PR skills to convince a publisher to give my novel a chance.

In the meantime, I’ll be telling you all about MWA meetings, conferences, contests and events … as I usually do.

To learn more about the MWA, visit the website.

http://www.marylandwriters.org/about.html

Be sure to check out the Baltimore Chapter here.

http://www.mwabaltimore.org/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric:
Congratulations on your being elected MWA PR director. Couldn't think of a better man for the job. I'm a regular "Writeful" reader now and I think your blog is tops.

You will find a publisher for the novel because you have the one trait that sets all successful writers apart: persistence.

Best,
Dave B.

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, that's excellent, congrats!

It's just a matter of time before you find an agent and TRACKS gets published. To your continued success!

November 06, 2007  
Blogger Eric D. Goodman said...

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate your support.

Eric

November 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home